Thursday, July 18, 2024
News

Fabio Paratici resigns from Tottenham job after failing to overturn ban | Tottenham Hotspur

87views

Fabio Paratici has resigned as Tottenham’s managing director of football after failing to overturn a worldwide 30-month ban from the game. Paratici’s case was heard by Italy’s highest sports court within the Italian Olympic Committee, which issued its ruling on Thursday.

“The current worldwide ban prevents Fabio from carrying out his duties as our Managing Director of Football,” Tottenham said in a statement. Fabio has left the club with immediate effect to focus on his legal position in relation to the FIGC. I have decided to resign from my post. [Italian Football Federation] and FIFA decisions.

The chairman, Daniel Levy, said: “This has been a stressful time for Fabio and his family. We wanted to make sure we allowed due process to be followed. Fabio is a man who lives and breathes football is – we wish him well.

quick guide

How do I sign up for sports breaking news alerts?

Show

  • Download the Guardian app from the iOS App Store on iPhone or by searching ‘The Guardian’ from the Google Play store on Android.
  • If you already have the Guardian app, make sure you’re using the latest version.
  • In the Guardian app, tap the menu button in the bottom right, then Settings (gear icon), then Notifications.
  • Turn on game notifications.

Thank you for your feedback.

Paratici’s ban relates to his time at Juventus, having been found guilty of false accounting. He and the club have denied wrongdoing. On Thursday, Juventus had his 15-point penalty suspended pending a new trial.

Paratici’s ban and departure come at a difficult time for Tottenham as they search for Antonio Conte’s permanent successor as manager, plan transfers and try to persuade Harry Kane to stay .

The ban on Paratici, initially imposed by the Italian Football Federation, was extended worldwide by FIFA last month. The Italian worked for Juventus for 11 years before joining Spurs in 2021.