Epson is among the top well-known printers in the world. Their models are well-known for their superior performances and consistently high-quality prints. But, every printer and driver comes with some flaws. Some issues are due to mechanical or technical issues that are not within our control. One of the most frequently encountered errors users using Epson printers can be the Epson error code 0x97.
Have you experienced this type of error working with one Epson WF-3640 or another Epson model? This particular issue can be very annoying, and many Epson printer users have reported this issue. There’s an easy solution to this issue that we’ll talk about further down for your convenience. Before we get started, we’ll talk about the root of this issue and what the probable reasons are.
- This error code is 0x97 on the indicator, along with an instruction to turn the printer off and then on again. If this error is triggered, it will cease printing.
- The first step is to consider Microsoft’s troubleshooting tool for printers to solve the problem. You may need to unplug or disconnect the printer when you run the troubleshooter.
- You’ve tried printing an article and nothing! It’s frustrating, but we have solutions for you to repair the printer problems section.
- If you have a problem with your peripherals, not just your printer, head into the Peripherals area for solutions.
HOW to FIX EPSON PRINTER ERROR CODE: 0X97
Did your printer stop working abruptly, and now you see an error message from Epson stating 0X97? Don’t panic, and you will find the answer to your issue. In this article, you will learn how to solve the Epson Printer Error Code: 0X97 yourself. Follow the troubleshooting procedures in the sequence given and fix your Epson Printer with Error Code 0X97.
Simple steps to fix error code Simple Steps to Fix Error Code 0X97
Epson Printer Error 0X97 is an internal issue with the hardware present in Epson Printers. The error code 0X97 is displayed at the top of the screen for the printer’s LCD. The Epson Printer error code (0X97) occurs sudden interruption in the process of printing is in progress and stop the printing process or shuts down the printer. A motherboard issue is one reason for the appearance of Epson Printer Error Codes 0X97 within your printer. Since the Epson Error Code 0X97 is due to an internal hardware problem, it is possible to solve this issue with the help of the troubleshooting procedures as outlined below.
How do I fix error code 0X97 on Epson printers?
It is possible to fix the Epson Printer Error Code 0X97 in several ways. The options to resolve your Epson printer error Code 0X97 are as is.
Solution 1. Disconnect and Plugin the Printer.
- First, you must take the case off of your printer. You will need to look at whether any paper material is stuck. If there is, you must remove all straps of paper carefully.
- Then, take all cartridges from your printer with care and disconnect all USB cables connected to the Epson Printer. Then, shut off the printer by pressing the power button.
- Please give it a couple of seconds before plugging back all of the USB cables you took to the printer.
- Switch on the printer and verify whether the error code 0X97 is repaired or not.
- If the issue isn’t repaired, you can try the second solution.
Solution 2: Plug it out and Plugin your printer in an inverted fashion
Through this method, you can determine whether the problem is because of hardware malfunctions or not.
- The first step is to close your printer using the power switch and unplug all USB cables.
- Hold for 5 minutes and then press & press the power button on the device for longer than one minute.
- When you press the power button, plug in all USB cables.
- Hold the power button down for a further 1 minute after connecting all cables.
- Then, plug in the power cable and then press the power button.
- Examine if the error is displayed or it isn’t. If Epson Error Code 0X97 persists, try method 3.
Solution 3. Clean the clogged Epson printer nozzles using Wet Tissues
- Unplug all cables to power your printer.
- Then, open the printer’s case and soak a piece of soft cloth with ammonia-based cleaning liquid.
- Place the fabric under the printer head, then move the head of the printer to the center.
- Allow the cloth to dry for 12 hours.
- Remove the cloth, and then close the printer.
- Switch on the printer, and then check whether the error has been fixed or it is not.