Verizon FiOS internet not working
If you’re experiencing problems with your Verizon Fios internet, you can try a few things before calling customer service. Many common issues can be fixed without a service call, saving you both time and money.
First, make sure that everything is plugged in securely and that the cables are good. If the problem persists, try restarting your router and modem. If that doesn’tdoesn’t work, reset network settings.
If none of these steps resolves the issue, you may need to call customer service. Waiting for help can be frustrating if you need to get online for work or school, so try to take care of the problem yourself.
Fortunately, many common problems with Verizon Fios can be fixed without a service call. If you’re having trouble with your internet, Wi-Fi, or cable, try some of these tips before calling customer service. You may be able to solve the problem on your own and avoid long wait times.
Verizon Fios Wi-Fi stops working.
Verizon Gateway Router
Here are the steps to check your Verizon gateway router.
- To solve Fios Wi-Fi not working problems, reset your Verizon Gateway Router.
- You need to unplug it and plug it back in to reset your Verizon Gateway Router. Wait until the orange power light is on before you continue.
- Now go to a web browser and type http://192.168.1.1 into the address bar. Press enter. This takes you to the login screen for your gateway.
- The default login name is “admin,” The password is “password.” If you’ve changed these, type in the new login information.
- Now click on the Maintenance tab and then select Reset/Restore. Select Restore Factory Defaults and then click OK.
- Your gateway will reset and start up again. Please wait a few minutes for it to fully reboot and then try to connect to your Wi-Fi network.
If you still can’tcan’t connect to your Wi-Fi network, there might be a problem with your gateway. In this case, you should call Verizon customer service and ask them to help you fix the
How to Fix Slow Verizon Internet Speeds
If you’re experiencing slow Verizon internet speeds, there are a few things you can do to try and fix the issue.
Internet Speed: You should first check your internet speed using an online tool like Speedtest.net. If your rate is below what you’re paying for, contact Verizon customer service and ask for a refund.
If your internet speed is okay, but you’re still experiencing slow speeds, there are a few things you can try to improve the situation.
Check Computer: First, make sure your computer is up-to-date and installed the latest software patches. Next, try restarting your modem and router. If that doesn’tdoesn’t work, try power cycling them by unplugging them from the wall for a minute and plugging them back in.
If that doesn’tdoesn’t work, you might want to try replacing your modem.
Old Router: Upgrade its wireless router if one of your devices is running slowly.
Wi-Fi Signal: Make sure the Wi-Fi signal isn’tisn’t low on your computer or smartphone. You can also ensure no one else is using up all of your capacity by checking your Wi-Fi network usage.
If that doesn’tdoesn’t work, you might need to upgrade the firmware on your router.
Firmware Update: If your internet connection is still slow, make sure your bandwidth isn’tisn’t being hogged by anyone else. Ensure no one is hogging all of it by checking your network’s bandwidth usage.
If that still doesn’tdoesn’t work, you might need to call Verizon and ask for a technician to come out and check your service.
Hopefully, one of these tips will help improve your slow Verizon internet speeds. If not, contact Verizon customer service and see if they can help.