How to Reset Toner on Brother HL-2270dw and HL-2240d printers
You might experience a problem when the toner light on your Brother hl-2270dw printers or hl-2240d printers does not turn off. Your printer may need a reset if the problem persists after you have replaced the toner. Follow these simple steps to resolve the issue and reset your toner sensor.
- Open the cover and leave it open while you complete the following steps.
- Turn off the printer
- While turning on the printer, hold the “go” button or the “start” button. All panel lights must be on.
- Release the “Go” button (or the “start”) button.
- 2. Press the “go” button (or “start”) twice.
- Pause. All panel lights must be on.
- 5. Press the “go” button (or the “start”) 5 times.
- The toner light should not be on (the error light might be flashing).
- Paper light needs to be on or flashing.
- Cover the area. The only ready light should be on.