Celine Dion canceled 42 European concerts and will not return to the stage until at least the middle of next year, citing ongoing health issues, the legendary songstress told disappointed fans on Friday.
Dion was scheduled to perform three times in Amsterdam on 26–28 August in a 42-show run that was to end with two dates at The O2 in London on 21–22 April.
“It is with great sadness that we have to announce today the cancellation of Courage World TourHis team said in a statement.
“Celine continues to be treated for a diagnosed medical condition that prevents her from performing.”
Last year, Dion was diagnosed with stiff-person syndrome, drawing public attention to a rare neurological disorder that largely affects one or two out of every million people,
“I’m so sorry to disappoint you all once again. I’m trying really hard to build my strength back, but touring can be very difficult even when I’m 100%,” Quebec native Dion said in English and French statements on Friday.
“It’s not fair of you to postpone the show, and even though it breaks my heart, it’s best that we cancel everything now until I’m really ready to get back on stage. I want you all to know, I’m not giving up… and I can’t wait to see you again!”
All tickets will be refunded at the “original point of sale”, his team said.
The singer promised to reschedule for all the cities she was set to visit.
The Amsterdam show was scheduled to begin the fall portion of its tour with stops in Paris, Antwerp, Copenhagen, Oslo, Stockholm, Oslo, and Helsinki.
The last Helsinki show before the break was scheduled for 4 October and Prague on 6 March next year, followed by Lodz, Krakow, Zurich, Zagreb, Cologne, Berlin, Munich, Budapest, Vienna, Hamburg, Mannheim, Dublin and London. Manchester, Glasgow and Birmingham, before the end of the tour.
This is a developing story. Please check back for updates.