Can You Use Prepaid Cards On Venmo?
Venmo, one of the most popular iOS and Android transfer apps, makes it easy to pay friends and ask for money at the touch of a finger, all from your phone.
Venmo can connect to multiple cards, including prepaid cards – Venmo accepts prepaid or gift cards from American Express, Discover, MasterCard, and Visa. So, if you have a gift card from any of those types, you can add it to your account.
The Venmo website warns that there are specific rules: “Cards may be rejected by the card issuer or Venmo due to cash availability or fraud prevention reasons.
Venmo is an online money transfer service from PayPal that allows you to send and receive money to friends and relatives. The service also allows users to split credits at restaurants and movie theaters. You must add money to your account to make a transaction. Bank accounts and debit cards are familiar sources that you can use to add money to your account. Today you will know how to make money on Venmo with a prepaid card.
A prepaid card is a debit card that acts like a bank card. The only difference is that prepaid cards do not link to a bank account, while debit cards are connected to a checking account. A prepaid card requires you to recharge at various charging points or link to a bank that will assist in financing the transaction. Some people often choose to have prepaid cards other than bank accounts, especially if they do not qualify for bank accounts. Prepaid cards do not have many restrictions when it comes to getting them.
Linking a prepaid card to Venmo will ensure that you never run out of balance. The good news is that Venmo accepts all paid cards as long as they are from American Express, MasterCard, Discover, or Visa. So if you have and are planning to open a Venmo account, you do not need to open a bank account to add to your Venmo account. We’ll see how we can add a prepaid card to Venmo and finally add money.
How do I open a Venmo account?
Opening a Venmo account is one of the most straightforward tasks. You need an online device such as your smartphone, computer, or tablet. Follow the steps below to set up your Venmo account.
- Download the Venmo app for your smartphone. Venmo works on iOS and Android.
- Choose your preferred subscription method. You can register via Facebook or email.
- Enter your phone number to verify your account. Now, you will receive a code on your phone.
- Enter the code in the required field to verify your account.
- After confirmation, Venmo will require you to add an image. You can choose to use the current Facebook profile photo. It is essential to add an image to help others see you when you ask for money from them.
- Next, Venmo will provide you with a username based on your information.
- When you are done, click Done in the top right corner of your screen.
- Venmo will require you to sync your Facebook account with your Venmo account to help you determine which of your friends are using Venmo. It would help if you allowed Venmo to access your profile information for sync to complete.
- After that, you can allow Venmo to sync with your contacts.
- Lastly, you can choose whether you want Venmo to send you notifications about your account.
How to add money to Venmo?
We have a variety of ways you can add your balance to Venmo. Without money in your Venmo account, you can only earn money, and there is no other kind of work you can do. Here are the ways to add money to Venmo.
Get money from others.
Venmo allows you to earn money from others if they have your phone number. That way, your balance will increase to higher values. You can make money from contacts and strangers. However, it is good to keep in touch with people you know to avoid fraud.
Add from a bank account.
You can use a bank card the way you use a bank account. First, you need to add a bank account or bank card to your Venmo account.
After adding a bank account to your Venmo account, you must continue to verify your bank account. You may have entered incorrect account information, and the transaction may jump. You may lose your money in this process if you send money to a non-refundable bank account.
You can also earn money in your Venmo account with a direct deposit. If you are hired, you need to provide your employer with your Venmo route and account numbers to deposit money into your account. You can also get government benefits, tax refunds, and more in your account.
Also Read: How to transfer money to yourself on Venmo
Check the deposit
You can add some money to your Venmo account with a check deposit. You need to take pictures of the affected checks and upload them to your Venmo account. And you need to sign after your review before taking photographs and uploading.
How to add money to Venmo with a prepaid card
As I just mentioned above, you can add a prepaid card to your Venmo account just as you can add your bank or bank account. Once the card is connected to your account, you can use it to add money to your account. The following is the process of adding a prepaid card to your Venmo account.
- Open the Venmo app.
- Tap the menu button.
- Click “Settings,” which is the second option from the bottom.
- Tap “Payment Methods” under “Favorites”
- Next, tap “Add a bank or card.”
- Enter your prepaid card details or use your phone’s camera to take a picture of the card, and the app will automatically replenish the information.